In the past few weeks there have been a few interesting APEX related postings I want to share with you.
Have fun reading them!
I have implemented a small improvement into my Generic solution for cascading lovs.
If you have a hierarchy of cascading lovs as I have it on my example page, the old version did an AJAX call for all cascading lovs and there cascading lovs, … each time a value was selected. But normally these calls will always result in an empty select list, because the value of the parent lov hasn’t been set yet.
I have updated the Generic solution for cascading lovs, it offers now supports for popup lovs, too.
I have also updated the example on apex.oracle.com to include a popup lov.
Change log of version 0.03 (12-December-2006):
- Added support for cascading popup lovs.
- Don’t generate a dependency if the referenced item issues a redirect/submit anyway.
- Corrected compilation errors in the ApexLib_Lov_for_flows_schema.pkb
Speed sometimes kills
Change log of version 0.04 (12-December-2006):
- Corrected a bug in the clearLovNullValues if called from the on-demand-process.
- Corrected wrong check in ApexLib.js.
Note: Before you read on, cascading LOVs are now natively implemented into APEX 4.0. See my related blog posting Oracle APEX 4.0: Cascading LOVs/Select Lists.
I thought if the render engine of Oracle Application Express (APEX) is able to generate the SQL statements on the fly, I should be too