You have upgraded to Oracle APEX 3.2 and are getting kicked out of your Oracle APEX Builder each time you are going back to your browser window after you have worked on something else for some time? For the last few days I had this problem quite often and it annoyed me a little bit. Being sure that this behavior is configurable, I asked Anthony Rayner during a chat where I can change that.
For the Oracle APEX Builder, you can find this setting on instance level.
- Connect with the workspace INTERNAL or use the
URL http://<host name>:8080/apex/apex_admin
- Go to Manage Service\Security section Session Timeout for Oracle Application Express
- Change the properties Maximum Session Length in Seconds and Maximum Session Idle Time in Seconds to your needs
- You can also view the tutorial “Setting Application Express Idle and Session Timeout Defaults” for a step by step instruction.
This Session Timeout settings are not just available for the APEX Development environment, you can also use them in your applications to make them more secure!
- Go to Shared Components\Application Definition\Security section Session Timeout
- The new section has several properties to define the session timeout behavior of your application.
- See the online tutorial “Setting an Application’s Idle and Session Timeout” for a step by step instruction.