Last week I blogged about a resizeable textarea which can be integrated into an APEX application. I thought it would be cool to have this resizeable textareas in the APEX Builder, too.
How could that be done?
I think there are 3 possible solutions
- Add the code into the htmldb_get.js with some check that it only executes when the current application is 4000
- Implement it as a bookmarklet, but there are maybe size restrictions or
- implement it as script for the Firefox Add-on Greasemonkey.
I thought I give Greasemonkey a try, because it’s non inversive and it will automatically execute the script as soon as the HTML page has been rendered. So sorry Internet Explorer users! But if you know a similar extension for IE, let me know and I will take a look.
The installation is quite simple, just follow these steps.
- Download and install the Greasemonkey add-on.
- After the installation you will see a little monkey face at the right bottom.
- Download my APEX Builder plugin script
- Install apex_builder_plugin.js (File/Open File)
- That’s all, you are done. Login into APEX and try it out!
I have created a video, demonstrating this new feature. Watch it!