A few weeks ago David Peake asked if somebody is already running Oracle APEX in the cloud, but today we are already a step further! Continue reading
Ok, they are not brand new anymore, they have already been released last month. But in case you are not reading David Peake’s blog or checking regularly the Oracle APEX website on OTN, the APEX team has published the following two new whitepapers:
Check them out!
Just read a very interesting posting by Joel Kallman, titled Oracle HTTP Server, Apache 2.0 and connection pooling. Before Oracle 11g, mod_plsql was just available for Apache 1.3 which had one big drawback on Unix systems. Apache 1.3 just supports a process model which prevents that mod_plsql can really take use of a database connection pool, because each process has his own “dedicated” database session which can’t be shared across process bounders.
In the past few weeks there have been a few interesting APEX related postings I want to share with you.
- Carl Backstom blogged about how to integrate an Accordion widget into APEX (Part 1) / Part 2 and
- Andy Tulley blogged about Using Scrollbars in a Region.
- The last link which I want to share is about Different ways of counting clicks in Apex by Flavio Casetta!
Have fun reading them!
Lately a few Oracle APEX related articles have been published which you should read.
- John Scott posted a whitepaper about “APEX – Delivering Pages in 3 Seconds or Less” which he held on Colab 07 in Las Vegas.
- Dimitri Gielis also posted the whitepaper of his presentation about “APEX by Example: Shared Components“.
- The security section of the unOfficial APEX Wiki has been updated with a lot of additional information.
There are several articles out on the net which cover nicer URLs for Oracle APEX applications.
This posting is just an overview of some of them, because I just came across a new blog posting for that topic and it’s an often asked question when you are going to deploy your new APEX application.
I want to welcome the iAdvise blog in the APEX blog community!
A recent posting was for example, how to “Deploy Your Multilingual application in a production environment“.
Welcome and keep up posting!