Enhancements to the APEX repository views in Oracle APEX 3.0 made it possible to remove some existing restrictions of the ApexLib framework.
- The Page Flow Diagram Generator works now in the Application Schema, too. So you don’t have to grant the APEX tables anymore if you want to use this feature.
- A Report Column Heading which is not “Custom”, will now also be supported.
- This release also contains a fix for a not so well performing view in combination with APEX 3.0.
- If you use the V function drop-in, please check the Change Log for upgrade instructions!
I have also created a new “Feature Restriction” section in the HowToInstall document, which describes the different restrictions based on the used APEX version and the installation option. The new “Upgrade an existing version of ApexLib” section describes the necessary steps if you have an existing version.
Note: The above changes do not mean that the ApexLib Framework doesn’t work with pre-APEX 3.0 versions anymore. The current supported versions are 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0.
Get the new release now!
- CR# 1683243: Page Flow Diagram Generator should work with repository views
- CR# 1683306: Support for other Report Column Headings then “Custom”
- Bug# 1663904: Placeholders in user defined messages are not replaced
- Bug# 1679309: Error in ApexLib_Item if $APEXLIB_IGNORE_VALIDATION$ is set
- Bug# 1680244: View APEXLIB_V_PAGE_ITEM very slow with APEX 3.0
- Bug# 1680250: Update the patched V and NV functions to APEX 3.0