Just have uploaded release v0.16 of the ApexLib Framework. The new release doesn’t contain a new “big” feature, but I think the new enhancements are still useful.
The new procedure ApexLib_Error.addApexValidationErrors can be used to catch the errors raised by page validations and show them as inline error messages without having to re-render the page. How to use it?
- Create a new page level validation
- Name: Show validation errors
- Type: PL/SQL Error
- Sequence: 99 (has to be the last validation!)
- Validation Expression 1:
- Error Message: Error
- Error message display location: Inline with Field and in Notification
- Try out the example page where I have created the following check for Hire Date
ApexLib_Item.DV('P31_HIRE_DATE') <= TRUNC(SYSDATE)
As you will see it’s also displayed without having to re-render the page. That’s maybe sometimes useful when you want to avoid that values in a tabular form are discarded because of re-rendering the page.
The known restriction, that items/column/regions which had an assigned authorization where ignored by the different checks, has been removed. The framework now checks if the user has the authoriziation.
Update 06-Jan-2007: There was an error in ApexLib_Region.pkb, I have uploaded an update of the release.
List of the covered enhancements by this release
- CR# 1628158: Add functionality get the APEX validation error stack
- CR# 1627230: Remove the restriction for items/regions/tabular forms with an authorization
- ApexLib_Region.pks [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Region.pkb [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Item.pks [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Item.pkb [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Util.pks [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Util.pkb [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_TabForm.pks [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_TabForm.pkb [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Error.pks [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_Error.pkb [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_views_for_flows_schema.sql [ Diff ]
- ApexLib_views_for_userschema.sql [ Diff ]